The Festival des Architectures Vives is a public architectural exhibition. Visitors can discover or rediscover the historical landmarks of the city of Montpellier since 2006. The event invites visitors to interact with the rich heritage by offering installations scattered around the city. In Montpellier, it takes place in the historic town and offers a path connecting mansions and courtyards, mostly private, that are usually not accessible to visitors.
Each installation created by an architect team allows to highlight the work of a younger generation which is inventing, experimenting and exploring new environmental designs. The festival offers them the opportunity to realize an installation in the heart of the prestigious and remarkable courses and mansions opened for the event. Each one opens a dialogue between heritage and contemporary architecture installations.
Under the thematic “SENcity”, 10 teams and one university invited, the School of Architecture of the University of Genoa, will realize an installation in the historical center of Montpellier.
– 1week1project – Axel de Stampa, Sylvain Macaux. Valeria Tellez Niemeyer et Natalia Fuentes
Paris//France/Santiago du Chili//Chili
– Judith Busson Taridec, François Cattoni, Camille Jeanblanc et Yoan Brazy
Paris//France/ Lille // France
– Mailys Meyer, Camille Vannier
– Miguel Angel Lopez Carro et Alberto Vallejo Puntero
– Louis Caux et Margaux Limon
– Ken Lee et Ioannis Kamaretsos
– Arthur Biasse, Clémentin Rachet, Paul Gard-Baholet et Pauline Le Biez
– Aude-Lise Garcia, Jordan Llanos et Valentin Sanbardy
– (HEXA) Gones – Anaïs Cornu, Logan Rainon et Mylène Serra
– Floating fantasy – Noel Picaper et Hugo Bertrand
Strasbourg//France / Paris//France
The FAV will take place from 12th-17th June 2018 in Montpellier/free entrance from 9 am to 7 pm (2 pm to 7 pm the 12th).
The pavilion will be open in Montpellier from 6th-17th of June 2018 in the courtyard of Hôtel Saint Côme de Montpellier, CCI Hérault.