Journalists, explore this publication-ready project. Create a free v2com media account to download high-resolution images.Create a media account
Press Kit | no. 688-04
LA PLANCHA® is a cooking appliance composed of a smooth enamelled cast-iron surface for searing foods – a cooking method that preserves their flavour through caramelization of juices. This “cooking by contact” style has been growing in popularity for a number of years in France, as it meets consumers’ culinary expectations: rapid cooking, delicious taste, healthy fat-free dishes, and easy to clean.
Currently used by many chefs throughout Europe, LA PLANCHA® has landed in North America – and at Jardin de Ville in Québec – and is catching on fast because of all the advantages it offers. The great chefs see LA PLANCHA® as an essential tool for producing tasty, light dishes.
LA PLANCHA® takes outdoor cooking to new heights. By uniting ergonomics and healthy eating, design and high-quality materials, LA PLANCHA® is defined as the art of gourmet cooking simplified in the garden, on the balcony, or even on the aft deck of a boat. Made for sharing pleasure, LA PLANCHA® brings cook and guests together around a festive feast.
Advantages of LA PLANCHA®
- Healthy, diet-conscious fat-free cooking thanks to the sheet of enamelled cast iron (no contact with flame).
- Delicious results thanks to the appliance’s heating power (680° F): foods are seared – crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside – and keep their taste and visual appeal. You will reach the Maillard reaction after 13-14 minutes of preheats.
- Easy and inventive cooking: you can cook anything, from meats, vegetables, fish, and seafood to fruit (casseroles and double-boiling), and the appliance is ready for cooking very quickly (heats in 5 minutes).
- Quick, easy cleaning with water and no toxic detergents (ENO advocates the use of Plancha Cleaner, a 100% natural clay-based product).
- People-friendly cooking: unlike a barbecue, LA PLANCHA® brings people together because there is no unpleasant smoke to avoid. Everyone can participate and make taste gourmet recipes.
- No loss of productivity as two courses can be cooked in rapid succession after a simple deglazing.
Because the cooking appliances, designed and manufactured by ENO for LA PLANCHA®, are sturdy and reliable, many professionals have adopted them:
- Thick (7 mm) cast-iron sheet, moulded with high anti-spatter rim. Cast iron is a very strong material that does not warp and ensures optimal heat distribution.
- Smooth cooktop thanks to multilayer enamel: made with a century’s experience and know-how, the LA PLANCHA® enamel lets you cook all types of foods and follow one dish with another because the enamel does not retain odours. Because it is waterproof, it protects the cast-iron surface from oxidation and makes cleaning easy.
- High-precision burners: perfect heat distribution on the surface at a temperature up to 680° F thanks to the powerful burners (models available: 1, 2, or 3 burners)
- Inclinable surface: LA PLANCHA® adapts to any terrain and the cooking juices drain easily into the grease collector thanks to adjustable back legs.
- Marine-grade stainless steel frame: corrosion resistant
- Fuelled by propane, butane, or natural gas (kit)
- Product labelled Made in France. Warranty: BVCert.6012057
- Certified manufacturing process (ISO standard): 100% inspection of gas line; CE and ETL certification of products
- Recommended retail price before taxes, CA$799 to CA$1,199, depending on the model
- Distributed in Canada by Jardin de Ville
An industrial manufacturer situated in Niort (Deux-Sèvres), France, ENO is a century-old SME that has capitalized on its exceptional knowledge of enamelling to develop products that are a perfect fit with contemporary living. The company has just earned the Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant (Living Heritage Company) designation.
Today, ENO designs and manufactures planchas, ultra-strong cooking appliances for boating, as well as mobile heating units, for professionals and individuals. Whether on the water or in the garden, ENO has stood out in recent years as the essential partner for the pleasure of cooking.
About Jardin de Ville
Jardin de Ville, among the leaders in design and marketing of high-end garden furniture in Québec, offers a number of exclusive products available in showrooms in Mirabel, Montreal, Brossard (Dix30), Québec City, Toronto, and Fort Myers, Florida.
Jardin de Ville extends the joys of summer by offering high-quality products and personalized service and by always being ahead of the trends in shapes, colours, and materials.
Since 1956, Jardin de Ville has grown exponentially, forging an international reputation over the years. It has received a number of prestigious awards testifying to the innovative spirit, boldness, and refinement that have always been the company’s daily inspiration.
For more information
High-resolution image : 13.74 x 9.14 @ 300dpi ~ 5.1 MB
High-resolution image : 13.65 x 9.08 @ 300dpi ~ 5.9 MB
High-resolution image : 13.21 x 8.79 @ 300dpi ~ 5.3 MB
High-resolution image : 14.19 x 9.44 @ 300dpi ~ 7.5 MB
High-resolution image : 14.19 x 9.44 @ 300dpi ~ 7 MB
High-resolution image : 13.73 x 9.13 @ 300dpi ~ 5.4 MB
High-resolution image : 14.19 x 9.44 @ 300dpi ~ 4.1 MB
High-resolution image : 14.19 x 9.44 @ 300dpi ~ 6.8 MB
High-resolution image : 14.19 x 9.44 @ 300dpi ~ 4.9 MB
High-resolution image : 9.44 x 13.04 @ 300dpi ~ 4.5 MB
High-resolution image : 13.6 x 13.6 @ 300dpi ~ 2.6 MB
Medium-resolution image : 6.8 x 6.8 @ 300dpi ~ 580 KB
High-resolution image : 11.04 x 6.93 @ 300dpi ~ 1.7 MB