Now more than ever, the Prix Versailles underscores the role that economic agents of all sectors may play in beautifying and improving our living environment.
Everyday architecture should be a tool for a form of sustainable development including its various components: ecology (green economy) and society and culture (purple economy).
The scope of the Prix Versailles process is unique in the world. It promotes the creation of quality spaces in every inhabited area.
After a far-reaching call for submissions and a systematic media analysis, the 72 continental winners in the four historical Prix Versailles categories (Shops & Stores, Shopping Malls, Hotels and Restaurants) are revealed on 29 May 2019.
At that time, 12 winners are recognized in each of the six Prix regions: Africa and West Asia – Central America, the South and the Caribbean – North America – Central Asia and the Northeast – South Asia and the Pacific – Europe.
They will be invited to compete for the World Titles (Prix Versailles, Interior and Exterior) at the World Finale held at UNESCO Headquarters at 5:30 pm on 12 September 2019.
Campuses, Passenger Stations, Sports
The Secretariat has announced the World selections for the three new Prix Versailles categories: Campuses, Passenger Stations and Sports.
18 candidates have been chosen to compete (six university campuses, six passenger stations and six large sports facilities).
The 2019 World Judges Panel, whose members will be identified in a forthcoming communication, will be tasked with naming the most beautiful campus, the most beautiful passenger station and the most beautiful sports facility in the world. For each category, the judges will also discern awards for the most beautiful interior and the most beautiful exterior, resulting in nine World Titles.
The results of the deliberations for the categories of Campuses, Passenger Stations and Sports will be finalized on 4 July 2019, in anticipation of the World Awards Ceremony on 12 September 2019 at UNESCO.
The criteria used to single out the world’s best projects encompass a variety of qualities, including innovation, creativity, reflection of local, natural and cultural heritage, and energy efficiency, as well as the values of social interaction and participation which the United Nations holds in high regard.
WORLD SELECTION PRIX VERSAILLES CAMPUSES 2019
- University of Klagenfurt, Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt (Klagenfurt, Austria)
- The Hong Kong Jockey Club University of Chicago Academic Complex | The University of Chicago Francis and Rose Yuen Campus (Hong Kong, China)
- Barnard College, The Cheryl and Philip Milstein Centerfor Teaching and Learning (New York, NY, United States)
- Stanford University - Denning House (Stanford, CA, United States)
- School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada (Vijayawada, India)
- Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Moscow, Russia)
WORLD SELECTION PRIX VERSAILLES PASSENGER STATIONS 2019
- Yangcheng Lake Tourist Transportation Center (Suzhou, China)
- Helix Cruise Center (Barcelona, Spain)
- Montpellier Sud de France Train Station (Montpellier, France)
- Kenitra Train Station (Kenitra, Morocco)
- Rabat-Agdal Train Station (Rabat, Morocco)
- Tanger-Ville Train (Tangier, Morocco)
WORLD SELECTION PRIX VERSAILLES SPORTS 2019
- Optus Stadium (Perth, Australia)
- Hangzhou Sports Park Stadium (Hangzhou, China)
- Édgar Rentería Stadium (Barranquilla, Colombia)
- Louis Armstrong Stadium (New York, NY, United States)
- Al-Najaf Stadium (Najaf, Iraq)
- Luzhniki Stadium (Moscow, Russia)