Montpellier, France, 2014-03-06 -
The Festival des Architectures Vives aims to raise public awareness of the wide range of architecture. It seeks not only to highlight the work of a younger generation of architects, landscape architects, urban planners but also to discover unexpected urban areas. Two targets are set. On the one hand, open to visitors during the festival these landmarks. On the other hand, through the intervention of the creative teams present a work specific to each place and reveal an intimate relationship between contemporary architecture and heritage sites. This Festival proposes during 2 weeks, 18 sites where the facilities takes place on the thematic «Sensuality». These achievements ephemeral small-scale, takes possession of the premises during the festival.
For this 9th edition of the Festival des Architectures Vives is no less than 250 international teams, who have respond to the call for applications. With the Sensuality thematic, 17 teams and one invited university will present to you theirs work through a route in the city of Montpellier and La Grande Motte.
You can discover the 10 installation of the young architects + one of the invited university, IAAC from Barcelona, in the city center of Montpellier.
- Alban GUEHO – Paris
- Amandine CAR, Guillaume RANGHEARD – Marseille
- Marie BENIGUEL, Johana BOKTOR, Frederic MADRE – Paris
- Florence BALESTRIERI, Carmen VAZQUEZ MORENO - Montpellier
- HEAMS & MICHEL ARCHITECTES _ Nicolas HEAMS, Benjamin MICHEL – Biot
- Anais OUTURQUIN, Cécile MEERSMAN – Paris
- MoonWalkLocal _ Axel ADAM-COURALET, Lucas GEOFFRIAU, Etienne HENRY,
Xin LUO, Camille RICARD – Bordeaux-Les Lilas
- Reset-Studio _ Julien THIRION, Thalia SEQUEIRA, Jae YOUNG CHOI – Drancy
- TTT architectes _ Gaétan MORALES, Antoine PASCAL - Paris/London
- Tracks _ Moise BOUCHERIE, Jérémy GRIFFON, Mathieu LAMOUR – Paris
- IAAC _ Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia – Barcelona
With its success of the first edition, the FAV reiterates its presence in La Grande Motte while lengthening the program. It will be presented 7 works of young architectes during 10 days.
- Sébastien CARE, Basile CHOPARD _ Marseille/Valenciennes
- NAS Architecture _ Hadrien BALALUD DE ST JEAN, Guillaume GIRAUD, Johan LAURE – Montpellier
- Porté(e) _ Rosine AUTRAN, Elodie BOUIN, Jorge CALDERON-ARIAS,
Fréderic GANICHOT Montpellier/Toulouse/Lyon
- Fakir _ Marie BELLORINI, Charlène CIESLEWICZ, Anais KREBS – Dijon
- Nicolas BAUDRU, Léa CORBA – Paris
- Alexandre ARCENS, Marion MOUSTEY Montpellier/Paris
- DOTS _ Jason SCROGGIN, Akari TAKEBAYASHI Lexington (Etats-Unis)
The FAV will be held from the 11th to the 15th of June 2014 at Montpellier / Free entry from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
And from the 21rst to the 29th of June 2014 at La Grande Motte / Free entry from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm