Festival des Architectures Vives 2014 La Grande Motte
Festival des Architectures Vives 2014 Montpellier
David Hamerman Architecte
Robin Juzon Architecte
Festival of Lively Architectures 2013
- Sensuality -
Montpellier & La Grande Motte
Lively Architecture Festival aims to raise public awareness of the wide range of architecture. It seeks not only to highlight the work of a younger generation of architects, landscape architects, urban planners but also to discover unexpected urban areas.
Two targets are set. On the one hand, open to visitors during the festival these landmarks. On the other hand, through the intervention of the creative teams present a work specific to each place and reveal an intimate relationship between contemporary architecture and heritage sites. This Festival proposes during 3 weeks, 19 sites where the facilities takes place on the thematic “Innovate” for this 11th edition of the Festival des Architectures Vives in Montpellier and 4th in La Grande Motte.
These achievements ephemeral small-scale projects, take possession of the sites during the festival.
This year announces an exceptional colaboration with Concéntrico. This festival was create by Javier Peña Ibañez. He creates in 2015 the first edition of the festival Concéntrico to Logroño in the region of La Rioja in Spain.
In this context, architects team selected by Concéntrico will make an installation during the FAV of La Grande Motte and architects team having participated in the FAV will make an installation for Logroño. The team selected by the FAV to participate in Concéntrico is composed of Gabrielle Vinson, Quentin Devoyer and Edwin Toledo. This festival will take place from April 28th till May 1st, 2016!
With the “Innovate” thematic, 18 teams and one invited university will present to you theirs work through a route in the city of Montpellier and La Grande Motte.
You will discover the 10 installation of the young architects + one of the invited university, The School of Architecture of Toulouse, in the city center of Montpellier.
- Atelier MAP – Gabriel Lacombe, Jean-Philippe Di Marco et Carlo Tadeo - Vancouver et Montréal // Canada
- Victoria Cresta Maria, Giovanna Giampetruzzi, Lucas Torres Aguero, Soleda Lanus et Marcelo Gurdo Ariel – Buenos Aires // Argentine
- Pauline Marquet, Claire Chrestia et Sybille Jaubert - Paris et Pau // France / Karlsruhe // Allemagne
- Judith Chatain, Gabrielle Doublet et Audrey Farinole - Paris / Maisons-Alfort // France
- Maxime Derrouch, Typhaine Le Goff et Emeline Marty - Montpellier, Toulouse et Aix en Provence // France
- Belle Ville Atelier d'Architecture - Ilan Bitoun, Vincent Imfeld, Alexandre Ferron , Anthony Le Page et Lucile Nicosia - Paris // France
- Pseudonyme Architecture - Jérémy Germe et Chloé Thomazo - Paris // France
- Mickaël Martins Afonso et Caroline Escaffre-Faure - Bordeaux // France
- Ariane Francescato et Julien Pinard - Maisons-Alfort et Paris // France
- FLCDa - Clément Daneau, François Lis et Maxime Lis - Grenoble et Bordeaux // France
- School of Architecture of Toulouse – (France)
With its success of the last edition, the FAV reiterates its presence in La Grande Motte while lengthening the program. It will be presented 8 works of young architectes during 10 days.
- M³ - Mathilde Guihaumé, Marion Salagnac et Magali Courias - Cenon et Bordeaux // France
- Pierre-Alexandre Marc - Montpellier // France
- DAMD - Robert Trempe - Aarhus // Danemark
- HOCH Studio - Bertrand Chapus et Thomas Hostache - Paris // France
- JN Architectes - Emmanuel Nguyen et Robert Janez - Paris // France
- L'Atelier Sauvage - Mélanie Metier et Chloé Mariey - Varennes-sur-Usson et Lille // France
- Go up - Nicola Valentino Canessa, Paolo Andrea Raffetto, Marzia Vadalà, Carlotta Crosa di Vergagni, Rocco Martellacci, Olmo Martellacci & Alice Bottardi - Gênes // Italie
- Concéntrico - Rocío García Samaniego, Teresa Elías Valer, Irene Fernández Garijo, María Pérez Pérez, Israel Martínez Herrero, Belen Llanos Pérez, Beatriz Estefania Gutierrez, Esther Vicario and Javier Peña Ibañez.
Selected by the Festival, the architect who will realize the pavillion of information is Maurice Schwab.
The information pavillion will welcome you from the 08th to the 19th of June 2016 at Hôtel saint Côme of Montpellier.
The FAV will be held from the 14th to the 19th of June 2016 at Montpellier / Free entry from 9am to 7pm, from 2pm to 7pm the 14th.
And from the 18th to the 26th of June 2016 at La Grande Motte / Free entry from 10am to 7pm.